Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Chicken Poppers...

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend. My husband and I had a lovely one. I love when any weekend comes, because that means time with my honey!  Like many people, Memorial Day weekend means barbeque time, so this past weekend that's what my husband and I did. 

Today, I would like to share a recipe with you that has become very popular in our family. As a matter of fact, it is the first thing requested at every family function.

Chicken Poppers

You will need... (amounts depend on what you desire) 
boneless chicken tenders
bacon
pepperoncini peppers
cream cheese
toothpicks

The first thing you need to do is soak your toothpicks in a dish of water. This will prevent them from burning up too much when you grill the poppers.

Drain a jar of pepperoncini peppers, cut the stems off and take out all the seeds.

Fill each pepper with cream cheese. Then set aside.

Cover a cutting board with plastic wrap and use a meat mallet to pound your chicken tenders to 1/8 inch thickness. My husband also covers the chicken with plastic wrap, parchment, or wax paper before he pounds it.

Cut each tender in half lengthwise and wrap your filled peppers with the pounded chicken tender.

Cut bacon slices in half and wrap it over the chicken...


...and secure with a toothpick.





Now they are ready for the grill.



Let them cook until they are browned up. You want to make sure the chicken and bacon are well cooked.



Mmmm! Don't they look delicious? I hope you try them. I know they'll be a hit at your next gathering. Just be careful, because once you make'em, you'll be making them all the time. Enjoy!


Blessings,
Julie


1 comment:

  1. I'm back from my trip and your chicken poppers look awesome.
    Janice

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, so leave me a comment below and let me know where you are from!

The Potager Garden

Good morning folks! It's another cool rainy day, here in Northern Maine. Our long winter has turned into a long, cold spring. Let's...