Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Hillbilly Apple Cobbler

I don't know about you, but rainy days just make me want to cook.
Everyone who knows my husband and I, knows that my husband is a super cook, but that I love to bake. Probably because I have a sweet tooth. So anyway, I'm always looking for some new recipes. Today I'm going to share with you a really great recipe that someone once shared with me. It's called Hillbilly Apple Cobbler. It is so delicious, you just have to try it!

2 crescent roll tubes
2 granny smith apples
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 sticks of butter
1 cup white sugar (can also use a sugar substitute ie, splenda...)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups mountain dew

Preheat your oven at 350*. Grease 9 x 13 pan. Peel and quarter apples, then quarter again. You will have 8 slices each. Wrap a crescent roll around each slice and place in pan. Melt the butter in a saucepan and mix in sugars & cinnamon. Pour over the wrapped apples, making sure to cover each one. Then pour mountain dew into the pan last. Bake for 45 min. & Enjoy!

I just know you are going to love this recipe, and you're not going to want to stop at just one, either. It's super delicious!


Enjoy!


Blessings,
Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so leave me a comment below and let me know where you are from!

The Potager Garden

Good morning folks! It's another cool rainy day, here in Northern Maine. Our long winter has turned into a long, cold spring. Let's...