Monday, May 14, 2012

And So It Begins...

Well, I promised to take you on our adventure with us as we build our new home, so here is where it all starts.


In early March we met with our builder and the man that is doing our blueprints for us. This was one of the most exciting days for us both. Scary, but exciting. I can't believe we are finally going to do this! 



Then we had to have a soil test done. I have to admit that this one really had me worried, because if the soil doesn't pass, you have to find an alternative building site. We were already on Plan C, and we knew we didn't have a Plan D, so this had to work. The soil test took place last week, and after lots of praying...it passed!



Now, on to checking the ground site for ledge, which we found a lot of.  We had to move the house site a few feet in one direction, and then a few feet more in another, due to all the ledge, and I'm sure we'll be moving it again before it's all said and done.

If you have ever built a house before, which by the way we haven't, then you know all about the ups and downs that accompany the whole process. Somebody told me the other day that if your marriage can survive building a new home together, then it can survive anything. My response was that we can all survive anything through prayer. Lots and lots of prayer!

I have been dreaming of this house since 2003. In 2010, my husband finally realized that I was serious about it and hopped on board. Now that we are together in this dream, we are going to enjoy every bit of the process. I will admit, though, that I cannot wait for the interior design part of it!

Well, I have some bananas that are ready to make into banana bread, so until tomorrow...

Blessings,
Julie




1 comment:

  1. Hello, my dear..
    I am so glad to see you are now blogging..
    Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.. So exciting that you are building a new home.. Love the style, too..
    Keep up the good work..
    Blessings..

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, so leave me a comment below and let me know where you are from!

The Potager Garden

Good morning folks! It's another cool rainy day, here in Northern Maine. Our long winter has turned into a long, cold spring. Let's...