Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Step Back in Time...

My husband and I just love visiting the Kings Landing Historical 
Settlement each summer. It evokes the lifestyle we both love so much. The moment you walk into the village, you immediatly feel like you've been taken back in time.


We always said that we could easily live here. I think we were both born in the wrong era. There is something so simplistic about life in the 1800's. It was a hard life...



...but so gratifying.




I just love all the beautiful colors. It's like bringing fall into your pantry.


A really cool way to create a fence.




Raising chickens and pigs.


Stringing fruits and vegetables for drying.


Something I always wanted to learn.

There are so many things that I love about this lifestyle, I could go on about it all day, but I won't. Instead I will leave you with a few more pictures of a simpler time...








Blessings,
Julie

1 comment:

  1. I love Kings Landing too. There is so much more to it than what we see when we go there to visit. My husbands father worked there in the mill and as a carpenter and in the store the better part of his life. When my husband was young a lot of the houses were from his community when they put the dam in the houses were all moved there to form Kings Landing. A lot of homes were moved and families were all moved to higher ground. A lot of history!! A lot of my husbands family history.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, so leave me a comment below and let me know where you are from!

The Potager Garden

Good morning folks! It's another cool rainy day, here in Northern Maine. Our long winter has turned into a long, cold spring. Let's...