Monday, June 18, 2012

A Day Well Spent...

What a lovely Father's Day we had. I woke up early and made some homemade Honey Oatmeal Bread for the week. I have been trying to make all of our bread...just another way to save a little money. Every little bit helps, right? The bread is delicious! Each week I pick a different kind to make. Last week was Potato Bread, which I have to say makes GREAT toast!

Once my sweet husband got up for the day, we went out to our rhubarb patch and cut enough to make 7 quart jars of Strawberry/Rhubarb Pie Filling.  It's so easy to make and what a wonderful treat in the middle of winter! I need to get more strawberries, so I can make even more filling, since our youngest son likes to "borrow" a jar or two to make his own pies. Yes, he cooks, too! He'll make someone very happy someday! As soon as the peaches and apples are ready we will be canning pie filling with those, as well.


Our youngest son, Andrew. (A great cook!)

Our two grandchildren spent the night, so we had a lovely day together. Aren't grandchildren fun! 




My husband took his GTO out of storage and got it all washed up. Our oldest son, Matthew took his little girl out for her first ride in it.


Piper enjoyed puddle jumping in the puddles made from washing off the car. Just look at that hair!



Dillyn tried to catch butterflies for his sister. He's such a good big brother!

Our three son's came over for a barbeque around 5 p.m. We had steak and lobster. My husband's favorite!


Piper had her first taste of lobster and LOVED it!


What a fabulous day we had. I hope your day was just as enjoyable.

Blessings,
Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so leave me a comment below and let me know where you are from!

The Potager Garden

Good morning folks! It's another cool rainy day, here in Northern Maine. Our long winter has turned into a long, cold spring. Let's...