Thursday, August 16, 2012

Busy Days....


Well, I don't know about anyone else, but for me this time of the year always means a lot of cooking, canning and freezing. My days are filled from beginning to end. I have even had a little helper for the past couple of days.

Not having any daughters of my own, I am so glad to have a sweet little granddaughter to teach and show how to be a good "keeper of the home". She loves to help out in the kitchen...."Meme I do it", she says. So sweet.


This week we have been canning and making savory jellies. I love savory jellies. They're perfect for crockpot cooking.

Yesterday she helped me make some banana cupcakes and frost them with peanut butter frosting. She's so precious!


Today she is helping me with some laundry. It's so funny how eager they are when they are young isn't it?



Today unfortunately, she is going back home, but before she leaves I think we'll sit down for a little tea party and enjoy some of those cupcakes we made!

Blessings,
Julie



2 comments:

  1. What are savory jellies, Julie? For the crock pot?
    Sounds interesting.. smile..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made some of your garlic rosemary jelly and some red onion jelly. I have used them before in cooking, but this is the first time I have ever made them myself. I like to use them when I cook chicken or pork roast. I love one pot meals and so we kuse the crockpot a lot. We also have a pressure cooker that is amazing! These will be great to use with that also. I just love all of your wonderful recipes, and am having fun trying them. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, so leave me a comment below and let me know where you are from!

The Potager Garden

Good morning folks! It's another cool rainy day, here in Northern Maine. Our long winter has turned into a long, cold spring. Let's...