Friday, August 24, 2012

A Little Tour...

 
Today seems to be a slow day, so I thought I'd share a few pictures with you. Not much going on, but maybe it's because I'm not too ambitious today. Do you ever have days like that? I found it so hard to pull myself out of bed this morning. Seemed like a great day to sleep in, but who would feed the animals or send my husband off to start his day. So I got up with a prayer on my tongue and a smile on my face.
 
 
Being that there is only two of us that live here now, I only have to do laundry once a week, which is Monday...you know like it used to be years ago?
Monday --- laundry
Tuesday --- ironing
---- and so on.....
Well, lately I have found that I need to do at least one load of lights on Friday as well, just to make sure my husband will have some shorts to wear on Monday morning. That's done for today.
 
 
This is a little corner of our front porch where I like to sit and ponder on my day sometimes while waiting for my husband to come home from work at the end of the day.
 
 
 
 
The above pictures are of our basil, rosemary, thyme and mint plants growing in pots on our kitchen windowsil. Rosemary is my favorite. We've had this one for almost 5 years now. It's pretty much a small bush. I LOVE IT! Do you have a favorite herb?
 
 
These are some large tomatoes from our garden and 3 small plums from our plum tree. We've had a couple plums already. They're nice-n-sweet!
 
 
One of my favorite things to do is to decorate our kitchen mantle. I change it out with each season, although I do count spring/summer as one season, just because they're the shortest ones.
 
 
 
My mother in law loved to hang on to things. I am so thankful that some of the things she hung on to were a few of the toys my husband played with as a child. I put a shelf up in our dining room to display a few of these precious items.
 

Since my husband and I raised 3 boys, this saying held a particular place in my heart, mostly because it is so true. I stitched it up and placed it in an old frame I picked up at a yardsale. It reads ---
I have been driven many times upon my knees
by the overwhelming conviction
that I had nowhere else to go. Abraham Lincoln
The bottom reads ---
Be joyful always, pray continually.
--- I Thes. 5:16, 17
 
 
The early oil lamp in this picture, along with the tipped basket were items that I found in an old abandoned home that my husband's nephew bought and tore down. The poor old house had seen it's last day. The books are early Dick and Jane readers. Remember those?
 The baby in the picture is my husband.
 
 
A little corner of our living room where our granddaughter reads her books and rocks her babies.
 
 
Jams, jellies, sauces and relishes stashed away for our winter enjoyment.
 
 
The flag that is currently hanging outside our home. Such a perfect saying. I'm so blessed to have many beautiful friends.
I hope you've enjoyed these few photos from around our home.
 
Blessings,
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so leave me a comment below and let me know where you are from!

The Potager Garden

Good morning folks! It's another cool rainy day, here in Northern Maine. Our long winter has turned into a long, cold spring. Let's...