Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A Farmhouse Picnic...


A few years ago, my girlfriends and I got together for a "Farmhouse Picnic".

Okay, so it wasn't a typical picnic, but my friends aren't typical. They are always thinking outside the box! One of my friends family owns an old farmhouse that has been abandoned for some time now. She came up with the idea to clean it up and have a picnic for some friends. Now...you have to imagine...this house is old, and the whole end wall of the kitchen is missing! Don't worry! She made sure it was safe, and nobody went upstairs...except maybe a few raccoons! LOL!




Some of the girls worked really hard cleaning the inside of the house and decorating the outside.

Then they worked on decorating the inside...



Tables and chairs were set up to accomodate all our friends...



Curtains were hung in paneless windows and small touches were added at every turn, along with pictures of the past...




The gentleman in the above picture is the owner of this property. This is the homestead on which he and his family once lived and farmed. He really enjoyed this!




So many reminders of what once was.

Some of the ladies even had fun by dressing up...



We had so much food brought by so many. One lady even made homemade ice cream for us. Eveything was wonderful! You couldn't ask for a better day.


At the end of the day we all posed for a picture. The entire town was buzzing about our "Farmhouse Picnic" for a long time. EVERYONE enjoyed it, and EVERYONE thought we were crazy, but I did tell you that my friends are always thinking outside the box!

I'd love to hear about some of your "outside the box" fun. I bet you have some wonderful stories to share.

Blessings,
Julie













1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to say I didn't make it to this picnic, but I played in that house as a child. One family who lived there were our neighbors and there daughter was my babysitter. This was such a unique idea and your right everyone was talking about it for a while after.
    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, so leave me a comment below and let me know where you are from!

The Potager Garden

Good morning folks! It's another cool rainy day, here in Northern Maine. Our long winter has turned into a long, cold spring. Let's...