Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pumpkins ~ Yum!!



Fall is definitely my favorite season. I love it all! Pumpkins are just one of the many reasons. There are so many things you can do with them!

 
 

Look at all the cute little faces painted on these pumpkins!


Here are a few different pumpkins on our kitchen mantle. The second one from the right was actually made from a dryer hose!

Some other neat ideas for displaying pumpkins...

1. Put an old fashioned mask on them.
2. Wrap them in clear mini Christmas lights.
3. Use them as a flower vase for a fall arrangement.
4. Poke some loly-pops in them to hand out on Halloween.
5. Decoupage them.

There are so many ideas out there, but I have to say that my favorite thing to do with pumpkins is to cook with them. I love anything pumpkin! Here is a great recipe I found on pinterest.

Pumpkin Fudge

Ingredients:

3 cups granulated white sugar
3/4 cup melted salted butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk
½ cup canned pure (unsweetened) pumpkin
2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
One 12-ounce package white chocolate morsels (chips)
One (7-ounce) jar marshmallow crème
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

1. Line a 9-inch square pan with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick spray.
2. Stir together first 6 ingredients in a 3 1/2- quart saucepan over medium-high heat, and cook, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer registers 234° (soft ball stage) or for about 12 minutes.
3. Once mixture reaches 234°, remove from heat and quickly stir in the white chocolate, marshmallow creme, pecans (if using) and vanilla until well blended.
4. Pour into the prepared pan. Let stand 2 hours or until completely cool; cut fudge into squares.

I have to say that I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I will definitely be making it before the week is out.

Do you have any favorite pumpkin recipes you'd like to share? I'd love to know what they are! I think we need to do a recipe swap with samples, don't you? Hmmm? Anyone interested?

Blessings,
Julie

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so good, I will be trying this tomorrow. I use to make mini frozen pumpkin pies. If I remember right I mixed in the mixer until smooth vanilla ice cream with canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice, then put in the mini graham cracker pie crust and froze. they were really good. Maybe I'll have to make some of them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Those would be great serving size desserts. You can just pop them out when you want them. I might have to try them. Pumpkin pie is my all time favorite pie! Thanks, Janice!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, so leave me a comment below and let me know where you are from!

The Potager Garden

Good morning folks! It's another cool rainy day, here in Northern Maine. Our long winter has turned into a long, cold spring. Let's...