Thursday, August 15, 2013

Lots to Show You….


WOW! Has there been a lot done since my last post.
 
IMG_8507
 
Things finally started to dry out. Yay! No more sweeping water for me!! I was spending sometimes 2 hours a day sweeping water out of the house. Don’t worry. The stuff they use on the floors is made to withstand all the elements. All is good.
 
IMG_8509
 
We have a stairway…a temporary one, anyway.
 
IMG_8524
 
…and we have walls upstairs.
 
On the outside of the house….
 
IMG_8522
 
…we have shingles.
 
IMG_8513
 
Remember I told you that the windows came?
 
IMG_8533
 
IMG_8534
 
Okay, so they look like ordinary windows.
Just wait until you see the outside!
 
IMG_8525
 
IMG_8568
 
The plumber has started his work.
 
You thought I was going to show you the outside of the windows, didn’t you? Not yet. I need to finish showing you the inside first.
 
IMG_8580
 
Our furnace man has been hanging around keeping us well entertained. Oh, and he’s been getting some work done, too. LOL!
 
IMG_8577
 
IMG_8569
 
My husband and I worked for 3 days priming the underside of the porch floor. Seems like a long time, but it’s a big floor. This picture only shows one of the three piles.
 
 
Okay, now for the windows...
 
IMG_8545
 
Can you see them? How about a closer look…
 
IMG_8572
 
They’re red! Joe and I both love them! What do you think?
 
IMG_8551
 
The chimney is up, but the stone work isn’t done on it, yet.
 
IMG_8584
 
Now it’s time for the garage to be built.
 
IMG_8586
 
IMG_8589
 
IMG_8593
 
IMG_8619
 
IMG_8622
 
IMG_8628
 
Done!
 
Okay, what am I missing? Oh! The exterior doors!
 
The front door….
 
IMG_8604
 
IMG_8606
 
IMG_8617
 
The back door.
  
IMG_8574
 
Another day has come to an end, but I’ll have lots more to share with you soon!
 
Blessings,
Julie

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank goodness for that, because we have a move in date of mid to late Oct. I can't wait for the sheetrock to go on, so I can really get a feel of the place.

      Blessings,
      Julie

      Delete

I love hearing from you, so please leave me a message. I'll be sure to respond!