Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Salad Recipe….


I love salads, and I love pasta, so this was a no brainer for me!
Sunday night we had a few people over for a birthday party. I think salads are a perfect dish to serve when you have lots of people to feed.
 
IMG_7475
 
This is a little salad that I threw together with stuff I had on hand in my pantry and fridge.
 
1 box of tri-colored rotini pasta (cooked & drained)
1 English cucumber, sliced and quartered
1/2 c. black olives, halved
3 med. carrots thinly sliced
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/2 c. onions, diced
 
For the dressing….
 
I really wanted to use Faye Henry’s recipe for her Spicy Tomato Vinaigrette, but I didn’t have any tomato juice. Instead, I decided to improvise with what I did have in my pantry by using a jar of my garden stewed tomatoes. I’m glad I did, because it came out delicious. I just put them in my food processor and pureed them, then followed the rest of the recipe. I did omit the hot sauce, though. I’m not much for heat.
 
Thank you for the wonderful recipe, Faye!
 
I hope everyone is having a great week so far. The weather has been a bit warmer, and the wonderful smelling breeze has been great for line drying clothes. I love the smell of spring, don’t you? I told someone that one day and they replied, “I hate to tell you, but that’s mud your smelling.” Well, I guess I like the smell of mud. I think they need to make a candle with that scent!
 
Enjoy your evening folks, and thank you for stopping by our little red saltbox!
I always enjoy your visits…..
 
Blessings,
Julie

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the salad dressing, Julie.. That was funny about making a candle smelling of mud.. I wonder if there is one smelling of snow.. I would take the mud.. grin..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dressing was such a hit. I have made the salad a couple more times since. I love all of your recipes. My husband thinks you are a fabulous cook. He enjoys your blog just as much as I do. When he comes home from work, he asks if I have been on your blog yet, so he can find out what your cooking/making. LOL! He's a keeper!

    I think there is a candle out that is called new fallen snow, or something like that. It just smells clean. I wish they would come out with one that smells of dirt/mud. Oh, how I love that smell. Must be why I love gardening so much.

    Blessings,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, so leave me a comment below and let me know where you are from!

The Potager Garden

Good morning folks! It's another cool rainy day, here in Northern Maine. Our long winter has turned into a long, cold spring. Let's...