Tuesday, September 3, 2013

We're Almost There...


IMG_8891
 
Everything is coming along nicely, but just not as quickly as it was. While that is to be expected, we just can’t wait to move in!
 
Lots of things still need to be finished.
 
IMG_8853
 
IMG_8855
 
The sheetrock arrived
and is being put up.
 
IMG_8884
 
Dining room
 
IMG_8885
 
Pantry
 
IMG_8886
 
Kitchen and gathering room
 
IMG_8890
 
Master bedroom
 
My mom, Joe and myself finished putting up the last of the insulation and swept up a bit yesterday.
 
 
IMG_8889
 
 
 
Cleaning is really a never ending process at this point, but it does help to stay on top of it.
 
We expect to be painting walls by the end of next week. Isn’t that amazing? I cannot believe that only 6 weeks ago we were digging a hole! Wow! God is good!
 
Blessings,
Julie
 

4 comments:

  1. It's looking really great. The finish project is going to be Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We are so excited! Our expected move in date is around the third week of October. I can't wait to decorate!

    Blessings,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Country, old, and antique looking fantastic! I love it. Just my kind of house. Think of all the decorating! Think of all the paint chips and fabrics and curtains!!!!! Oh, so fun but may get a little overwhelming. Knowing you, so organized, you probably have all of that done! Each bit now is even going to be more exciting. Good Job, you guys. Keep it up and try to have patience!

    Bless you and your lovely new house,
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susannah! I have so many ideas swimming around in my head. I'm kind of waiting for the plumber and heater people to finish up in the basement, so we can move stuff down there. Our current home is bursting at the seams!

      Hope your week is a great one!
      Julie

      Delete

I love hearing from you, so leave me a comment below and let me know where you are from!

The Potager Garden

Good morning folks! It's another cool rainy day, here in Northern Maine. Our long winter has turned into a long, cold spring. Let's...