Friday, June 22, 2012

Another Beautiful Day...



What a beautiful day it is today! I thought I would snap a few pictures of some of the things growing in our yard. The above picture is of our honeysuckle and an old ladder that I use as a trellis. I just love it! It's the first thing we see when we look out our living room window.




This is a little solar fountain that I bought for my husband a couple years ago. It sits just under the down spout, so it can catch the rain water. My husband loves sitting on the front porch and hearing the water trickling. Hollie thinks it's the perfect spot to quench your thirst on a hot summer day.


My neices, nephew and grandchildren claim the area under our Cortland apple tree as their summer fort. I can remember playing in places like this when I was young. Did you have a favorite fort/hideout when you were a child?


The ducks are enjoying a refreshing swim on a hot day.


 Time to dry off!


The chives are so beautiful!


An early morning visitor.


Summer flowers in bloom.


"Remember to always make room in your garden for angels to dance." I read this on a sign in a beautiful flower garden that I visited recently. Such a beautiful saying.

May God bless you and keep you on this beautiful summer day!

Blessings,
Julie

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pictures, Julie.. Your garden is wonderful... Sorry, I have been absent for a bit but almost back to normal.. grin..
    Blessings..

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, so leave me a comment below and let me know where you are from!

The Potager Garden

Good morning folks! It's another cool rainy day, here in Northern Maine. Our long winter has turned into a long, cold spring. Let's...